Daniel M. Vargas, M.D.
Dr. Daniel Vargas earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas, and his medical degree from the University of Texas at Houston. He continued his training with a Residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
Board certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery, Dr. Vargas has been in private practice since 2009 and has been with General Surgical Associates since 2011. He is an active member of the American College of Surgeons, Texas Medical Association and Bexar County Medical Society Association. Dr. Vargas has authored several articles that have been published in prominent, peer-reviewed journals. He is also fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Undergraduate – Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
- Medical – University of Texas at Houston Medical School, Houston, Texas
- Residency – University of Texas HSC-SA, San Antonio, Texas
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Colon and Solid Organ
- Gallbladder Disease
- Benign and Malignant Breast Disease