Dr. Brad Gurwitz earned his Bachelor of Arts degree with Honors in Biology from the University of Texas at Austin. He completed his medical degree at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. Dr. Gurwitz continued his training with a Residency at Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City, where he was appointed Chief Resident.
Board certified by the American Board of Surgeons, Dr. Gurwitz has been in practice at General Surgical Associates since 1995. He is also an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, and has previously served as Chief of Surgery at Southwest Texas Methodist Hospital and Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital. Actively involved in numerous professional organizations, Dr. Gurwitz is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Texas Medical Association and Bexar County Medical Society.
- Undergraduate – University of Texas at Austin
- Medical – University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
- Residency – Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas
- High Complexity General Surgery
- Benign and Malignant Breast Disease