William C. Lewis, M.D.
Dr. Cannon Lewis earned his Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Biology from Rice University. He attended medical school at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX on a scholarship from the United States Air Force. After general surgery residency training in San Antonio, he traveled to Connecticut for fellowship training in colon & rectal surgery.
He served proudly in the USAF for 18 years, then Lt. Col. Lewis returned to San Antonio to enter private practice in 2012. He maintains a busy practice in General Surgery and Colorectal Surgery. Currently, he is a Fellow in both the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
Dr. Lewis is accepting new patient appointments at our Stone Oak location. He operates at multiple locations in San Antonio, including several hospital systems and outpatient surgery centers.
- Undergraduate — Rice University, Houston, Texas
- Medical — Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Residency — Wilford Hall Medical Center/UTHSCSA, San Antonio, Texas
- Fellowship — Colon & Rectal Surgery, St. Francis Hospital, Hartford, Connecticut
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Colonoscopy
- Benign and Malignant Anorectal Disease
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse -Fecal Incontinence
- Benign and Malignant Colon Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgery
- Robotic Surgery