George R. Hsieh, M.D.
Dr. George Hsieh earned his Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude in Chemistry, Biology and Economics from Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, and his medical degree from the University Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He continued his training with an Internship and Residency in the Department of Surgery at Morristown Memorial Hospital in New Jersey. Dr. Hsieh then went on to a Research Fellowship in the Department of Surgery at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, and completed a Residency at the University of Alabama at Birmingham in the Department of Surgery, where he was appointed Chief Resident.
Board certified by the American Board of Surgery, Dr. Hsieh has been in practice at General Surgical Associates since 2010. In addition, he is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. A member of the American College of Surgeons, Dr. Hsieh has written numerous articles published in peer-reviewed journals and conducted presentations at a number of national and international medical conferences.
Dr. Hsieh sees patients at our Medical Center location and routinely operates in multiple hospital systems and surgery centers in San Antonio.
- Undergraduate - Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
- Medical - University of Texas HSC-SA, San Antonio, Texas
- Residency - University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Morristown, New Jersey
- Fellowship - University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Residency - University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
- Biliary Tract Disease
- Hernia Repair
- Benign and Malignant Colon Disease
- Benign and Malignant Breast Disease
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Disease